Leading coordinated programmes encouraging enterprise in young people
With support from Yorkshire Forward, the Embedding Enterprise in Education Programme has included activity in the Higher Education (HE), Further Education (FE), Secondary and Primary sectors. To date the combined elements of these programmes have achieved the following:
- 32,668 students have benefited from enterprise teaching and learning.
- 2,479 teachers, lecturers and student teachers have benefited from Continuous Professional Development (CPD) opportunities in enterprise. We have over-achieved on our target of 2330 Higher Level Skills by 47%.
- 363 schools in the region have engaged in the programme, taking part in a wide range of programmes and activities including The Real Business Challenge, Northern Rail Challenge, Hull Ready and StepUP.
- 23 colleges are now part of the Enterprising FE Network, utilising the FE Enterprise Framework as a development tool to establish and develop enterprise within their college.
- We have supported 9 HE/FE institutions to deliver Enterprise training in Initial Teacher Training (ITT) courses.